Counselling in your school
We specialise in delivering high quality, effective bespoke counselling & psychotherapy support to Secondary Schools in Scotland; delivered by counsellors who are qualified Cognitive Behavioural Therapists and are registered and practicing members of an appropriate governing body (BABCP, BACP, COSCA).
School Counselling by Qualified Therapists
- Adverse childhood experiences, trauma and attachment informed, holistic approach to working with all young people.
- Research confirms that counselling has an indirect positive influence on academic achievement.
- Mental health assessments carried out by a mental health professional from teacher referral in real time.
- Crisis support for young people, families and teachers.
- Flexibility to respond to the schools needs within each model.
- Research indicates that mental wellbeing strategies in schools assists with attainment, attendance & long-term outcomes.
- Evidence based treatment for all.
- Support for young people out with the school calendar if required.
- Delivering a combination of flexible counselling services:
- one to one
- year-based group work
- assembly talks
- provision of self-help toolkits to young people
- Bridging the Gap Project – The Results
- One to One work delivered an 80% improvement on young people’s mental health, reducing to non-clinical presentations in 9 out of 10 cases
- Group work delivered a significant improvement to the specific year groups, with an average of 50% reduction in presenting distress
We are delighted with the progress our pupils have made working one to one with The Talking Rooms CBT Therapist in school. CBT balanced with a youthful counselling approach has proved popular with our pupils and the flexible and individual approach The Talking Rooms and the allocated Therapist take, has made this experience a truly beneficial one.
Want to know more?
We have a lovely detailed information pack available, with a 2 hour webinar to entertain you with all the delights of what school counselling do for your school. You can access this by simply emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you much prefer the human touch (we do), drop us a line here at email@example.com, and one of the team will be in touch to discuss how we can serve your schools need for counselling support.