Counselling in your school
We specialise in delivering high quality, effective bespoke counselling & psychotherapy support to Secondary Schools in Scotland.
• Delivered by counsellors who are qualified Cognitive Behavioural Therapists and are registered and practicing members of an appropriate governing body (BABCP, BACP, COSCA).
• Adverse childhood experiences, trauma and attachment informed, holistic approach to working with all young people.
• Delivering a combination of flexible counselling services:
- o one to one
- o year-based group work
- o assembly talks
- o provision of self-help toolkits to young people.
• Bridging the Gap Project – The Results
- o One to One work delivered an 80% improvement on young people’s mental health, reducing to non-clinical presentations in 9 out of 10 cases.
- o Group work delivered a significant improvement to the specific year groups, with an average of 50% reduction in presenting distress.
• Research confirms that counselling has an indirect positive influence on academic achievement.
• Mental health assessments carried out by a mental health professional from teacher referral in real time.
• Crisis support for young people, families and teachers.
• Flexibility to respond to the schools needs within each model.
• Research indicates that mental wellbeing strategies in schools assists with attainment, attendance & long-term outcomes.
• Evidence based treatment for all.
• Support for young people out with the school calendar if required.
We are delighted with the progress our pupils have made working one to one with The Talking Rooms CBT Therapist in school. CBT balanced with a youthful counselling approach has proved popular with our pupils and the flexible and individual approach The Talking Rooms and the allocated Therapist take, has made this experience a truly beneficial one.
Want to know more?
You can download a lovely detailed information pack, with a 2 hour webinar to entertain you with all the delights of what school counselling do for your school. You can access this by simply emailing email@example.com
If you much prefer the human touch (we do), drop us a line here at firstname.lastname@example.org, and one of the team will be in touch to discuss how we can serve your schools need for counselling support.